My .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 wasn’t a smooth one as I had to go through different levels of cleaning up .NET framework installation registries before I can install it. On top of that, I also had to remove previous components of pre-SP1 release as these might conflict with the installation.
After all the hullabaloo, I shutdown my machine and returned to work the next day. To my dismay, after successfully logging on to Yahoo Messenger, I can accept messages from contacts (and non-contacts/spam) but I can’t read their messages. It took me a while to recognize the problem. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program but that failed.
Running through the Microsoft Script Debugger, I found out that the chat window is some sort of HTML page enclosed within the program. That chat window have some scripts included so I guess that it follows the DOM that IE follows. So, I have to use one button I often see in IE options but never dared to click on it. No wonder, that’s the only button I had to click to clear that error.
Hope this helps. Though it still keeps me wondering if the SP1 installation has triggered this error. Everything has been fixed but I have to reinstall the IE developer toolbar, as well as the “Web Development Helper” toolbar of Nikhil Kothari.