Uh, ok. I took the bait. I am flying to Hongkong. I originally intend to go Vietnam for a possible photo shoot (and I think they have better tourist spots than HK) but going there alone might not be a good idea. My first travel outside the country was a bit “safer” as someone would welcome me from the airport and fortunately stayed in their place saving me money should I book a hostel. Hongkong would be a good destination for me since as a photography enthusiast, I can buy cheaper gears there than here in the Philippines and maybe I can complete the filters line-up that I am eyeing. Not only that, I can do a side-trip to Macau, if possible. And of course, I am not travelling alone.
However, my flight is still months away but at the least I am quite secured with the ticket – that’s the one that is so difficult to acquire so I’d rather book it as early as possible. Although I am quite fortunate that I still have enough time to scout for an accommodation in HK. If anyone of you have some answers to my questions, feel free to comment below:
1. Where would be the best place to stay? The choices for the hostel that we are looking at are the following: Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Kowloon, Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui.
2. Cheapest yet acceptable place to stay in the answer in #1. I am not sure if true but according to some readings over the internet, Tsim Sha Tsui is the nearest accommodation location for shops of photography gears.
3. We might do a side-trip to Macau, another thing to consider your answer to #1.
4. Suggested itinerary to make the lowest expenses yet enjoyable experience in Hongkong?
5. Approximate budget of 300 USD for 5 days stay excluding shopping.
I hope I do not sound demanding. Either way, I am just a poor guy who wants to travel. 🙂